How Much Are Hair Extensions At A Hair Salon?
Hair extensions are a fabulous way to instantly transform your looks. Professional applications range in price from $100 to a few thousand dollars depending on the type you have done.
The procedure can be carried out in different ways. This, and the type of hair that’s used, will determine the cost, which varies dramatically depending on your choices.
How Much are Hair Extensions at a Hair Salon? The different types
- From clip-ins to cold-fusion bonds
From clip-ins to cold-fusion bonds
The nature of your hair (and your budget) are the key considerations when choosing the type of hair extension that best suits your needs.
The following is an overview of what’s available, approximate costs, pros and cons, and the hair types they’re suitable for.
- Clip-ins: These cost anywhere from $100-$500 and are the easiest option to put in and remove. With care, they can last for up to a year and are simple to put in and take out (you don’t need a hairdresser to do it for you). Worn temporarily they don’t damage the hair, although if the clips aren’t of good quality they can slip out. Best for medium-thick hair types.
- Tape-ins: Starting from around $200, these are permanent hair extensions that last for around 6-8 weeks. They need to be professionally applied but are relatively easy and quick to do. They conceal well into your natural hair but have a tendency to tangle and when removed can leave a sticky residue. Best for medium-thick hair types.
- Sew-ins: From $275+, sew-in hair extensions should be professionally applied and last for up to 6 weeks. They’re an affordable option that doesn’t use heat so are kind to hair in that respect. However, they do create scalp tension and therefore represent a breakage risk over time. Best for thick hair.
- Real hair weave: Costing anything from $100 to around $600, this natural-looking form of hair extension remains touchably beautiful for up to 8 weeks. Such a weave stays in place well but can, if attached to braids, cause scalp pain for some. They can also lead to hair breakage. Best for thick hair.
- Glue-ins: Cost is around $300-$500 and lasts up to 8 weeks. Professionally applied, they boast a secure bond that blends well with your natural hair. However, if acetone products are used to remove them this can weaken the hair. Best for medium to thick locks.
- Micro-beads: These cost from $200 upwards and last for up to 6 months. Ideal for fine/thin hair this long-lasting option is lightweight, although they require regular maintenance appointments with your salon. You also need to take care when styling, as rough handling can cause damage.
- Fusion extensions: While more expensive, costing anything from $200 – $1,000, they suit any type of hair and are long-lasting—anything up to 12 weeks or perhaps more. The bonds to your hair are virtually invisible, and—of course—they need to be applied by a professional. In addition, they must be removed carefully as failure to do so can cause untold damage to your hair.
- Bonded extensions: These will set you back anything from $1,500 – $3,000 and are suitable for all hair types. They last up to 6 months and, as they don’t require any heat to apply (they use cold fusion). They do require professional maintenance, requiring you to visit your hair monthly for maintenance.
The choice of length, whether you use 100% real hair, and the type of bond all determine the actual cost. For many, the higher cost of top-end hair extensions is well-justified for the quality of the finish. Using virgin, untreated hair also means you can dye and cut the extensions so they blend seamlessly with your natural look.
Getting Extensions at a Hair Salon: Boca Raton and the surrounding region
The look, quality, and longevity of hair extensions are highly dependent on the skill of the stylist who applies them. Boca Raton residents are fortunate to have Dapper & Divine on their doorstep—a funky boutique salon boasting artisan hair experts who work with you to determine the ultimate look that suits your style.
From hair extensions to color services, and everything in between, you can trust Dapper & Divine to truly turn your luscious locks into your crowning glory.
Visit https://dapperanddivinestudio.com and make your appointment now.