Braided Pony How-To
The braided pony is one of those very basic hairstyles that almost anyone with long enough hair can pull off. But despite its being “basic”, the braided pony is actually a very versatile hairstyle and one that you can make your own. Hairstyle how-to guides have featured the braided pony and its variations countless times. You’ll also see celebrities like Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner sporting braided ponies. The style is practically everywhere!
Whether you’re looking for something practical or something a bit more stylish, we’ve got you covered with our braided pony guide.
Braided Pony Styles
The braided pony can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. It’s also one of the more adaptable hairstyles out there and works well with almost any outfit, from casual and athleisure to more elegant pieces.
To give you an idea of just how versatile this style is, here are some braided pony styles you can try out:
- Classic braided pony – a no-frills option that can be your next go-to style
- Braided bun pony – a unique approach to the braided pony, this style requires you to make a classic braided pony and wrapping its length around the base of your ponytail to create a bun. With this style, you can opt for a classic-style bun, a topknot, or a pulled-through bun.
- High-braided pony – think Ariana Grande’s signature high pony but with braids
- Low-braided pony – this look uses a ponytail that starts off at the lower part of your nape
- Jeweled braided pony – a braided pony that’s elevated by using bejeweled accessories
- “The Medusa” – a style that’s been worn by Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner, this look makes use of the low pony that’s then divided into several slimmer braids
- Fishtail braided pony – a style that uses fishtail braids instead of the classic braids
- Braided side pony – a braided pony that starts off with a ponytail tied on the side of your head. You can opt to make a single braid or have fun with multiple braids.
How to Create a Braided Pony
Here’s how you can create your very own braided pony, which you can customize later on according to your style preferences:
- Wash and dry your hair.
- Arrange your hair in a ponytail. Make sure to remove any tangles so that your pony will look sleek and clean. It’s up to you if you want to go with a low, middle, or high pony. You can also opt to go with a side part to make it look more unique.
- Once your ponytail is done, you can use hairspray to make it last longer and minimize the frizz.
- Braid your hair, and secure it with an elastic.
- Once done, feel free to embellish your braided pony however you want.
At Dapper & Divine, we can help transform a “basic” braided pony into a style statement. Book an appointment now.
Styling Your Braided Pony
You can never go wrong with a braided pony. Whether you want something casual, elegant, or festive, here are some ways you can put a creative spin on the braided pony:
- Jazz up your braided pony with accessories like ribbons, clips, flowers, or jeweled accents.
- Use colorful elastics to add a playful vibe to your style.
- Use your favorite scarf to tie your ponytail.
- Make sure that your ponytail is tightly secured to keep all your hair in place, but don’t forget to prioritize your comfort.
- Apply some defining cream to your braided pony. This will keep any stray strands in place as well as give you a clean and polished look.
- Try incorporating different braid styles to elevate your look. For example, you can start off with a French braid and finish off your ponytail with fishtail braids.
- Aside from classic, fishtail, and French braids, you can also try tying your hair into a Dutch braid.
- Feel free to use bobby pins to secure any loose strands. You can use decorative pins to make your braid more festive.
- Don’t be afraid to try out accent braids.
- If you have voluminous hair, you can go for jumbo braids.
- Have fun with colors! You can use colorful hair extensions to add a more unique look to your braided pony.
- If you want something a bit different, you can also opt for bubble braids.
Always Look Your Best
At Dapper & Divine Studio, we’re committed to helping you look your best, always. From hair to makeup for any occasion, we’ve got you covered. We’re a team of versatile stylists and makeup artists who are skilled and knowledgeable about the latest trends.
Our ladies’ hair studio has some of Boca Raton’s finest hairstylists who can help you transform your look. Schedule an appointment with us, and see the Dapper & Divine difference!